[Debian-sf-devel] Re: [CoopX] SourceForget change in policy; Larry is sp

From: Grant Bowman
Subject: [Debian-sf-devel] Re: [CoopX] SourceForget change in policy; Larry is speaking now !
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 23:03:16 -0700

* Christian BAYLE <address@hidden> [020401 19:07]:
> Hi Grant
>
> You can find here an answer to your letter
> http://user.svpal.org/~grantbow/letter.html
> Mentioned by Soon-Son Kwon <address@hidden> on [Debian-sf-devel] list
>
> You can look at the FAQ Mentioned in the message at
> http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=10382&group_id=39306

I wonder when this was posted to their website...

> I just wonder which companies Larry Augustin is talking about.
> Knowing the the sf code, it's a lot of work to have all working, since
> there are few informations in the code to make all work.
> And even if a company would make all work, it can't make business with
> the
> code, without releasing it.
>
> Savannah code is available
> Debian-sf code is available
>
> How can we improve something with a non speaking mailing list,
> a forum that changed its place (from alexandria to alexandria-dev),
> with an announcement removed few days later?

I emailed ESR last night and this afternoon I got a whole bunch of
messages from my monitoring of the Alexandria forums.  I have no idea if
the two are related in any way.

> We will continue to improve debian-sf package, integrate proposed patch,
> merge with available code. At least the good news is that it will be GPL
> :).
>
> Sourceforge package will probably be available in next debian release
> and easily installable.

Excellent.  So in woody version 2.5-29 is available.  Is this stable
now?  I am assuming you do not mean Sarge (woody+1).

--
-- Grant Bowman                                <address@hidden>