Re: [Debian-sf-devel] please close some open issues...

From: Roland Mas
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] please close some open issues...
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 10:16:14 +0200

Soon-Son Kwon (2002-05-15 16:40:02 +0900) :

> Hello, on the savannah page,
> there are some open issues that can be closed.
>
> For me, you can close the Bug ID 121 and 126.

  Okay, done.

> It seems that the current development is somewhat stalled...

  Not really.  It's true I spend a little less time on Debian-SF these
days than I used to at some point, but not much less.  The probable
main reason you can see no activity is because the activity is not
really visible.  I'm working on the package splitting, and since I
know that the current state of the package (as of the local state on
my hard disk) is almost completely broken, I'm not committing anything
to CVS yet.  There's also some thinking to do before I can really hack
at the code, because most of the Debconf handling (for instance) has
to be reorganised.

  We're not completely inactive, don't worry :-)

> I don't know why but these days seem to be a good time to clean up
> these open issues & clear the webpage. :-)

  Yes indeed.  That sounds like volunteering to me, doesn't it?  Would
you like CVS read/write access?

> http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/debian-sf/ contains the news about
> 2.6.11 but http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/debian-sf/ not.
>
> Personally, the savannah project information page
> (http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/debian-sf/) seems to be a better
> place for uploading the latest development-related news because it
> has builtin news publishing system.

  I agree.  We should try to keep the Debian-SF Home Page small and to
the point.

> For big news like new release or security issue, how about sending it
> to mailing list and the savannah page at the same time?

  That's what we tried to do, but it's true we missed a few releases
on the project page.

  Thanks for the comments,

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Death *was* hereditary.  You got it from your ancestors.
  -- in Hogfather (Terry Pratchett)