Re: [Debian-sf-devel] CVS, Website, Screenshots

From: Roland Mas
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] CVS, Website, Screenshots
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 14:34:32 +0200

Soon-Son Kwon (2002-05-21 17:19:46 +0900) :

> Hmmm...today is May 21...
> it took almost 4 days for me to get this email...

Yes, my bad.  It was too big, and was delayed by Mailman for
moderation.  I clicked on the appropriate button only today, since I
was in a long week-end until today.

> On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 04:05:12PM -0400, Justin Richer wrote:
>>

>> As for the project-webpages-in-CVS thing, I've submitted a preliminary
>> patch on the savannah page which will do this. It works, and we're using
>> it on our server right now. However, it's not nearly as clean as I,
>> Roland, or Christian would really like. When I have time, I'm going to
>> take another whack at it, and hopefully do it better this time. :)
>
> That patch is for 2.6, right?
> I am curious what Rolando think about it. :-)

  I didn't like it at first sight, but maybe it has evolved since
then.  Doing a full export or checkout, then applying patches to the
"live" website didn't sound right to me.

> Can you please let me know the patch ID on savannah project page?
> I couldn't find it...sorry... I want to test it for myself.

  I think it's #278.

> I just changed the smiley to project name/description as you
> suggested.  If many people think the splash page is redundant, I
> will remove it.  Feel free to express your feelings to me anytime.

  I wouldn't say "redundant", but it's true I would like to see more
info on it.  Maybe a sentence or two to describe the project, and
links to the sections of the web site.  Also, I rather liked the
"quick links" section in the previous setup, and I think it would be
cool to have it again somewhere.

> p.s. Rolando or Chris: please close the bug # 148.  I submittied
> patch for that a few days ago...

  Okay, done.  I also granted you the appropriate permissions, so that
you can close future bugs as appropriate.

  Thanks!

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Plant a radish, get a radish, never any doubt!
  -- Bellamy & Hucklebee, in The Fantasticks