Re: [Debian-sf-devel] SOAP/XML-RPC

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] SOAP/XML-RPC
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 23:52:52 -0800 (PST)

--- Christian Bayle <address@hidden> wrote:
> Tim Uckun wrote:
>

> > How insane is it to try and put a soap or xml-rpc type of layer in
> > sourceforge? For example would it be possible to wrap the current
> code
> > in an api or sorts?
> >

> > :wq
> > Tim Uckun
> > US Investigations Services/Due Diligence
> >  http://www.diligence.com/

> Should be possible, maybe rewriting to have more structured code, I
> would start to do this looking at User.class and Group.class to
> create/update/delete users and projects
> You will also have to deal with security
> Maybe have a look at  http://miolo.codigolivre.org.br/ for their
> approach of rewritting sourceforge

I would be interested in this, please tell me if you are looking for
testing.

The web ide project [wide.sf.net] was working on a client for
interacting with the web pages. Maybe it would be possible to start by
just replacing the web pages with xml-rpc statements, the ones that are
used by WIDE? Just a simple wrapping of the contents of the existing
pages, not a real big change? or is that just short sighted thinking?

Anyway, the loic from savannah had posted a paper about xmlrpcing the
savannah, but I dont know where it is going.
http://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=195

The coopx project is working on
http://coopx.eu.org/

mike