Re: [Debian-sf-devel] SOAP/XML-RPC

From: tim
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] SOAP/XML-RPC
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 01:54:27 -0700

What do you say that we intercepts these pages with some xmlrpc and
send that over the wire? This should be nothing more than replacing the
html output with xmlrpc syntax?

Well first of all I don't want to use perl. I also want to be clear about what you are saying. You seem to be saying that there is some client which acts like a proxy right? It fetches pages from sourceforge and then munges the page to produce XML? I just want to be clear about what you are proposing.

OK. Well until I get my new netfinity running I am almost out of
diskspace. I need a server to test with. What do you say that I take
care of the client, and you the server? The urls I provided to you
would be good starting points, how about we start disecting them?

I have a machine at work which has debian testin on it but my home machine is a freebsd (ducks). I will have to put together something at home so I can work on this because my boss would not like it if I spent time at work on this.

Oh, by the way, the coopx project I mentioned was to create a format
for transferring projects between servers. I personally would like to
just be able to read a debian control file and then import that. what
do you think?

It's a good idea but one thing at a time :). I figure it will take some time to dig through the code just to figure out what is going on. I also am presuming we will deal with the CVS head code right?