[Debian-sf-devel] Database Model and components

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: [Debian-sf-devel] Database Model and components
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 03:28:56 -0800 (PST)

Dear all,
I have taken my lunch break to do a reverse engineering of the
sf database model.

Based on
http://people.debian.org/~bayle/debian/Packages/sourceforge/sourceforge_2.6-0+14.tar.gz

I have taken the file : sourceforge/db/SourceForge_2_5.sql
(Does anyone have a fully patched model, I will updated)

and read it into sybase powerdesigner 8.

The reports are located here :
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/sf/html/
The main index is
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/sf/html/SourceForge.htm

you can get an xml version of the model here:
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/sf/html/SF_26.pdm

I have also tried to separate out separate components,
here is a list  :
groups                - the main project and all tables
                      - directly connected to it,
                      - I need to move out some of those into the other

                      - packages
frs                   - file release system
frs_dlstats           - the download states
Skills                - peoples skills
survey                - project surveys
intel_agreement       - the main user settings and preferences
                        (stupid name)
Bugs                  - project bugs
snippet               - code snippets
doc                   - documents
support               - support
patch                 - patches
trove_treesums        - the trove
singletons            - all the tables floating around
foundry               - foundry
forum                 - the forum

I also have a perl script somewhere for extracting all types of data
from the PDM model, and producing a clean xml.
from there we can generate all types of nice code...

Hope you like this, More to come.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont