[Debian-sf-devel] Plugins, take 3

From: Roland Mas
Subject: [Debian-sf-devel] Plugins, take 3
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 20:40:20 +0100

  Hi all,

The plugins front goes on.  The current state of CVS (in the
Branch_plugins branch of the sourceforge module) provides a nice and
above all working implementation of the plugins-with-hooks system.
The current state of CVS of the sourceforge-plugin-helloworld provides
a not very nice (in terms of features) but working implementation of a
sample plugin.  You can make packages of these, and install them, and
voila, you've got a plugin-enabled Sourceforge.

  I also updated the documentation to reflect these latest changes,
you can find its current state on the web interface to CVS[1].

  Please test, comment, send patches if appropriate, and start
developing your plugins.  I believe the current implementation should
reaches a point where its API is almost stable, although I can think
of a few improvements for it (nothing big).  I haven't encountered
many problems yet, but helloworld is so small that's not significant.
Hopefully I'll start working on a bigger one soon (maybe the Jabber
support from Gforge).

  Have fun!

Roland.

[1]