[Debian-sf-devel] Re: Public relations and journalists, again

From: Rick Moen
Subject: [Debian-sf-devel] Re: Public relations and journalists, again
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 12:30:57 -0800

Roland, since I don't (yet) have a subscription to LWN (I know, I
know!), I haven't seen what they wrote.  I _do_ know what I sent in to
LWN's letters column, and I did pretty clearly state (I think) that
Debian-SF and GForge are aiming towards merger.  I _didn't_ in any way
claim GForge is the only Free clone, and I _did_ attempt to list (but
not denigrate) the numerous forks that people have worked so hard to
keep moving forward.

I was of course trying to be brief (this being a letters column, not an
article), and summarise information from diverse sources before LWN's
then-pending publication deadline, in a hurry.  I _hope_ my comments
were generally inaccurate, and tried to ensure that.  If I've
inadvertantly given offence nonetheless, my apologies, as I was trying
carefully to avoid giving any.

--
Cheers,                            "To summarize the summary of the summary:
Rick Moen                           People are a problem."