Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Command Line Interface

From: Roland Mas
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Command Line Interface
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 18:30:11 +0100

James Michael DuPont (2002-12-18 07:09:12 -0800) :

> --- Roland Mas <address@hidden> wrote:

[...]

>>   May I ask why SOAP rather than CORBA?  Seems to me we're begging
>> for problems there.

> What corba implementation do you suggest?

I have had pretty good experiences with ORBit, and I'm told ORBit2 is
even better.  It's quite simple to program with: ten lines (in Perl or
in Python) to setup a server, and then you just writethe methods and
they'll be called transparently; three lines to setup a client, fetch
the server reference, and then you just call the object method the
usual way.

  To be honest, I haven't tried the PHP bindings.

> I am looking into client/server RDF using redland right now.  But
> really, the type of encoding is not that important, we just need to
> be able to parse it in perl, php, c....

  The point of CORBA is that you don't have to do that parsing stage.
The ORB does it for you.  You just have to write normal methods in the
server, and call normal methods in the client.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Sauvez un arbre, tuez un castor.