Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Command Line Interface

From: Roland Mas
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Command Line Interface
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 10:19:16 +0100

Tim Perdue (2002-12-18 12:17:03 -0600) :

> This sounds nice, maybe you could whip up a little demo or
> something?

Yep.  The attached tarball is taken directly from the code snippet
library on my company Sourceforge.

> As for SOAP, I think it's just a buzzword that some people look
> for. CORBA is just as good or better buzzword.

  I'm afraid CORBA sort of lost its buzzword status a few years ago,
which I find a pity since I consider it technically superior to SOAP
or XML/RPC (much less hassle on the programmer, a better/more powerful
model, and much less network overhead since there's no XML
textification of data).

> Can you transfer/upload files with CORBA? That's the question.

  Well, a file is just a sequence of bytes, so yes, you can.  Just
write a method with two string parameters (file name and file
contents), for instance.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas