Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Re: submission of ourproject.org freeprojects too

From: Christian BAYLE
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Re: submission of ourproject.org freeprojects tool devel - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 18:31:51 +0100

Mathieu Roy a écrit:

My idea is the following:
   -I (We?) try to port debian-sf installer to savannah, this will
help to have a better idea on database differences

Can you give details about this installer ? What are this advantages ?
The current Savannah can be installed in 5 minutes : what is difficult
is to set up mailman etc.

Exactly this is:

apt-get install sourceforge or gforge
and this setup everything in 5 minutes.
It does the diffiult part you talk about. This packaging represent more than 20000 lines of code

I cheked out savannah but didn't find anything to init the database, do you have a clue for this?

   -For code that are different we use the work Roland made for
plugin to enable to choose one solution or the other (I think here
especially to the tracker) -We should be able to have common plugin
between savannah and gforge as a first step -We should be able to
have a common class for themes too.

It can be interesting.

Humm, I don't know how I should understand this as a French native speaker.

Christian