debian-sf-users

[Debian-sf-users] Re: apt-get install sourceforge.

From: Roland Mas
Subject: [Debian-sf-users] Re: apt-get install sourceforge.
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 17:56:00 +0100

Tim Uckun (2001-11-08 09:20:55 -0700) :

>>   Please report success or failure too, so that I can close the
>>bug-report or start looking for a solution if it is still not fixed.
>

> I was able to finally do an apt-get install sourceforge (yea!) thanks
> for all your efforts.

That's good news.  I'll close the bug #106856 then.

> Right now I still can't get mod-ssl-makecert to work but that's not
> your problem.

Well, it might become my problem.  I submitted a bug (#118275, see
<URL:http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=118275&repeatmerged=yes>)
on libapache-mod-ssl.  If its severity gets raised to a
release-critical state (which I think it should, because it makes the
package unusable), then it might prevent libapache-mod-ssl from
entering woody, which will prevent sourceforge from entering woody
too.  I do hope the maintainer fixes it soon.

> Maybe I will wipe the machine install woody and get sourceforge on
> woody. DO you think this is doable or does sourceforge depend on
> unstable packages.

  For now, it depends on unstable packages (php4-pgsql, for instance,
is only in unstable).  But these packages will enter woody eventually
(there's a matter of recompiling as far as php4-pgsql is concerned).
When they do, sourceforge will do so too, so there will be no need to
fetch it from unstable.

  Well, hopefully.

  Thanks,
Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Au royaume des aveugles, il y a des borgnes à ne pas dépasser.
  -- in Soeur Marie-Thérèse des Batignoles (Maëster)