dejagnu

Re: 'make check' failure in gcc-3.3 in x86->x86 cross build. How to deb

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: 'make check' failure in gcc-3.3 in x86->x86 cross build. How to debug dejagnu usage problems?
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 10:51:20 -0600

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 09:46:12AM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:

> I believe these are the pages in your manual on the subject:
> http://www.gnu.org/software/dejagnu/manual/debugging.html
> http://www.gnu.org/software/dejagnu/manual/builtins.html#DEBUGPROCS

  Yeah, those cover my "gdb like" wrappers. Being able to dump variables
and the stack is very convienient.

> Also, here's something you wrote that maybe should be folded into the manual?
> http://korea.gnu.org/manual/untranslated/dejagnu/slideshow/tsld013.htm

  Oh man, I forgot about those slides, they're ancient!

> Are there any pages about starting and using the interactive debugger
> somewhere?
> Presumably it's a standard TCL thing, but I couldn't find anything about it
> at scriptics or with google.  (I first used TCL in 1988 or so, but

  I haven't tried Scriptic's debugger. The one I'm referring to is the one
written by Don Libes, and is part of Tcl. I though I had a link to his
doc on the debugger. If not, I can dig around for it.

  Briefly, you use the -D option to runtest to specify what state the debugger
starts in. a 'h' once in the debugger gets you a decent help screen.
Breakpoints are set via glob or regex patterns.

        - rob -