dejagnu

Re: Fix libstdc++ testing using upstream dejagnu

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: Fix libstdc++ testing using upstream dejagnu
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 21:47:26 -0600

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 11:22:16PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> Hmm, the patch was from H-P.  What do you remember about this?  Maybe
> we need to -isystem the newlib/libgloss headers, but not the libstdc++
> ones.

  Here's the original message on this patch:

http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-dejagnu/2002-10/msg00009.html

This patch fixes, for uninstalled newlib targets in a unified
tree, the listed spurious GCC testsuite excess-errors.  They
occur because the supposedly-to-be-installed newlib limits.h
uses #include_next.  That directive makes gcc emit a warning
when used in a non-system-header context.  While that can be
"fixed" for non-installed headers by adding "#pragma GCC
system_header", it shouldn't be needed; it'd be better if gcc
treated it as a system header while running the test-suite.
Done by changing -I to -isystem for include directives for the
test-suite.  The -isystem option has been there since at least
gcc-2.7.2 so it should be safe for all uses.  This patch is
against the sources.redhat.com unified-tree repository but the
patch applied fine (with offset) to the savannah.gnu.org DejaGNU
repository.

  I think you're right, and we only probably need to -isystem newlib.

        - rob -