dejagnu

RE: Assistance Request

From: Dave Korn
Subject: RE: Assistance Request
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 18:52:27 -0000

On 12 February 2008 18:19, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:

> What does the "--all" mean?  I can't see it being used anywhere;
> neither runtest, runtest.exp nor the gcc ${tool}_option_proc's.

  I don't know how it gets used, but the effect is to output a summary line
for all tests, PASSes as well as FAILs.

>>   One random other thing, I have this line in my board.exp:
>>
>> # The simulator isn't really remote.
>> set_board_info isremote 0
>>
>>   I think you'll need that as well.
>
> Why?

  Because the simulator is not remote and does not need to be accessed by
rsh/telnet/whatever?

> No, don't do that; don't add random things for no known reason.

  But if the simulator really *is* not remote, wouldn't /not/ setting it be
just plain wrong?

> If you "need it", it's because something else is wrong and you're
> papering over it.

  Well, if you don't set it, there are a whole bunch of "if [is_remote host]
{" clauses in the gcc testsuite .exp scripts that are going to be activated
and attempt to do such things as upload test files or download target headers
or gcov results from the hypothetical remote board.

  Surely that would be "something else" that was "wrong", and setting the flag
would be "the right thing to do" rather than "papering over" anything?

    cheers,
      DaveK