dejagnu

Re: Excluding FAILs from UNSUPPORTED test cases

From: Arsen Arsenović
Subject: Re: Excluding FAILs from UNSUPPORTED test cases
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 14:09:26 +0200

Hi,

On Friday, 30 September 2022 04:02:25 CEST Jacob Bachmeyer wrote:
> Please keep me informed about the results of looking into those; if
> this has actually exposed bugs in the GCC testsuite, I may add (as a
> testsuite debugging aid) an option to run ${tool}-dg-prune in an
> extra pass before analyzing the output.  I am tentatively considering
> a variable DG_PRUNE_EARLY_AND_OFTEN that could be set on the runtest
> command line to arrange for this.
I think this is actually a false positive when comparing, as it was an
XFAIL turned into an XPASS (but, again, it was attempting to detect a
note: that got pruned because pruning happened earlier).  There's five
relevant files, if you'd like to look yourself, in the gcc/testsuite
directory inside the GCC tree:
- c-c++-common/pr69543-3.c
- g++.dg/other/error8.C
- g++.dg/template/dtor7.C
- g++.old-deja/g++.pt/overload7.C
- gcc.dg/uninit-pr89230-1.c

> This is still the plan, although I must ask if you know of a reason
> (other than inertia) not to continue aggregating results until the
> very end of the dg-test procedure.
I didn't mean to be very specific there, the very end is fine, too; at
least, as far as I can tell.

> My apologies for the delay:  developing unit tests for dg.exp has
> proven to be more involved than initially expected.  (Starting with
> writing a pure-Tcl VFS shim for the internal unit test support
> infrastructure because a getdirs test in utils.test will fail if any
> more subtrees are added to testsuite/runtest.libs.  Why yes, I now
> plan to eventually also make the other tests independent of the
> actual filesystem now that I have had to write this shim.)
No worries!  That shim sounds quite neat.

Thanks,
--
Arsen Arsenović