demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] Re: Some questions on Condorcet voting

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Re: Some questions on Condorcet voting
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 17:49:09 +0200

David MENTRE <address@hidden> writes:

>> I have not read all the details, but it appears to exist two algorithms
>> to solve Cyclic Ambiguities : Basic Condorcet and Schwartz Sequential
>> Dropping (SSD).
>
> And there are two variants for SSD: "plain" version and the "cloneproof"
> version.

Ok, I have finally implemented both of them (see autotest-srv.ml.nw for
code example).

I have followed rules in the Debian Constitution
(http://www.debian.org/devel/constitution) to implement SSD. The
ElectionMethods.org web site is not very clear.

I have implemented some hairy test cases (cyclic 3 parts tie) and it
seems to work. However more checks are needed.

The scoring of defeats could be improved, following once again
definitions in the Debian Constitution.

I have tried to document the code in a literate programming way. So I
would consider as a bug if you cannot understand what I have done.

Yours,
d.
--
 David Mentré <address@hidden>