demexp-dev

[Demexp-dev] OpenLazlo: another framework for development of web applica

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] OpenLazlo: another framework for development of web applications
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 18:16:40 +0200

Hello,

Seen on slashdot: OpenLazlo, another framework to develop web applications.
 http://www.openlaszlo.org/

Positive sides:
- targets Javascript and/or Flash "terminals";

- rich application framework with very nice visual effects (see the demos);

- apparently used by a lot of people (with among them companies) --
read: support, documentation and community.

Negative side:
- OpenLazlo compiler is built on Java (non free) (we need to check that point);

Interrogative side:
- How to link an OpenLazlo web application on the terminal
(Javascript + HTML) with a demexp server? Using a Python CGI plugin
that talks demexp on one side and with the OpenLazlo client on the
other side? I don't now if it is possible to write the server side of
a Lazlo in Python (maybe possible with XML-RPC).

Best wishes,
d.