demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] Depencies of ocaml-gettext and other problems

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Depencies of ocaml-gettext and other problems
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 17:25:49 +0200

Hello Christophe,

GISQUET Christophe <address@hidden> writes:

> A win32 program installation doesn't respect SYS-V hierarchy, but rather
> the principle that a program is expected to store its data file in the
> folder or subfolders where the binary is installed.
>
> As a consequence, I wanted to change None ($prefix/share/locale) to
> "locale". And I was underlining the fact that relative pathes required
> that the program was launched within its installation path (for instance
> C:\demexp\demexp.exe would fail)

Ok. Do you still want me to apply your proposed modification?
---
       let dir          =
         if Sys.os_type <> "Win32" then None
         else Some "locale"
---

> Concerning the final client binary, the problem seems to have gone away,
> as I was able to run the program without any problem. It is not fixed; I
> assume only a better mojo improved the situation.

What means "mojo"??

> Therefore I have attached a patch that:
> - modifies configure to detect a win32 platform and write that to the Makefile
> - modifies config/Makefile.inc so as to detect a win32 platform and issue:
>    . better flags (namely -mwindows that hides/removes the shell windows when
>      the binary is launched)
>    . a specific new goal (new installer goal producing the installer)
> - updates the NSIS setup file
>    This however involves stripping all the GTK runtime from the installer, as
>    I have other plans for this part of the installer.
>    Concerning a comment from you about cross-compilation, nsis tools are
>    available for a while under linux and allow cross-compilation of installer
>    However, you do know the complexity and feasibility of setting up an ocaml
>    cross-compiler

Patch applied.

> I've uploaded http://christophe.gisquet.free.fr/demexp/demexp-0.7beta.exe
> for testing. fr.mo not included as I don't have time to check and fix
> anything regarding i18n.

I still need to test it.

Thank you for the patch!

Best wishes,
d.
--
GPG/PGP key: A3AD7A2A David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A