demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] Proxy again..

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Proxy again..
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 18:52:29 +0200

Hello Diogene,

Diogene Laerce <address@hidden> writes:

> So anyway, I still miss those files :
>
> // DOSSIER rpc
>
> rpc.pyc base.pyc  sec_auth_gss.pyc  sec_auth_none.pyc  sec_auth_sys.pyc
>
> after 3 times reinstalled all pydemexp, ply and pyrpc (according to the
> README file).

I don't understand why those files are missing on your computer. I've
just done a basic installation of those packages, following their
READMEs.

>> However, I don't thing this is the root of your /current/ issue. If the
>> RPC files where missing, you would get an error message, not a dump of
>> the python script source code.
>
> Well this sounds wise and logical to me..
>
> The scripting test Ive done, Ive done it with a "hello world" python
> file, do you think that can change from a real script or not ? I dont
> think so but I may miss some point.

A "hello world" python script would work as long as it behaves like a
CGI script.

But why not use directly the xmlrpc script? Or I might have missed
something.

> If I cant make it work on my computer, is it possible to ask for an
> exemption for the demexp account ? I already ask for one normal account
> but Frederic Lebohey answered me about your rules for anonymous, that I
> understand for sure.

We can't accept anonymous account on the official server. But there is a
work-around: I have restarted the demo server. You can access it at
machine demo.demexp.org, port 50000 (for the demexp client).

The XML-RPC proxy for this server is here:
  http://www.linux-france.org/cgi-bin/demexp-xmlrpc-demo

The root account of this server is:
 login: root
 password: demexp

By login as root, you can create your own account.

Let me know if you have issues.

Yours,
d.
--
GPG/PGP key: A3AD7A2A David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A