demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] Questions

From: Lyu Abe
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Questions
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 18:53:03 +0900

David,

-----begin Python example-----
#!/usr/bin/python

from xmlrpclib import *
import sys

login = "demo"
password = "demo"
url = "http://www.linux-france.org/cgi-bin/demexp-xmlrpc-demo";

print "Connect to server '%s'" % url
s = ServerProxy(url)

print "login()"
cookie = s.login(login, password)
print " => %s" % cookie

print "max_question_id()"
max_question_id = s.max_question_id(cookie)
print " => %s" % max_question_id

print "goodbye()"
s.goodbye(cookie)
-----end Python example-----

Do you really want to use PHP? :-)

You're right, python is MUCH simpler (at least for me :P). I could achieve what I wanted, i.e. getting all needed infos from the server, and retrieving questions, etc...

However, I am using WAMP under windows and I had to install mod python in order to make it work with it. My python code (login.py) is attached as login.zip. Please take a look at it. I'm not sure what "handlers" are, but I need them to have my code work: is this cross-platform?

Also, I tried to retrieve the "login" and "password" from the initial index.html using "import cgi":

import cgi
form = cgi.FieldStorage()
if form.has_key["login"] ...

But it didn't seem to work. Any suggestions?

        Lyu