demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] Timestamps

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Timestamps
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 19:55:32 +0100

Hello Diogene,

2008/3/4, Diogene Laerce <address@hidden>:
>  The access to the client, so the databse is authorized by the demexp
>  server.

Ok. Seems correct at first sight.

>  Well according to the joined graphic, I thought about a central demexp
>  server connected to the forums. Where each forum can run his own
>  database : votes and propostions are still recorded by the demexp server
>  but the questions browsing is made locally. So it could decrease the
>  number of connections to the demexp server.

Nice.

>  Even why not, the vote and propositions can be updated during the
>  database update (my client can update and store the database in the
>  admin interface). So that each forum would connect only 2 or 3 times a
>  day.

Regarding reading, there is no particular issue so you can cache as
much as you like in your forum databases.

However, regarding writing (e.g. vote, new questions or new
you might have coherency issues (e.g. the new questions conflicts with
the same one registered by somebody else, etc.). Only the demexp
server can guarantee a coherent state. You might cache during writings
but, in my opinion, this is very complicated and you'll have a lot of
tricky issues.

Yours,
d.