demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] login method and cookie

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] login method and cookie
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 19:52:36 +0200

Hello Lyu,

Lyu Abe <address@hidden> writes:

> Is it normal that when using these servers:
> http://www.linux-france.org/cgi-bin/demexp-xmlrpc-test
> or
> http://www.linux-france.org/cgi-bin/demexp-xmlrpc-demo
>
> do not need to 'login' to be able to access to all methods on the
> server? (and the 'goodbye' method doesn't seem to do anything either)
> ->This means that using a 'cookie' is not necessary...

I'm not sure I understand your question. For all methods of the proxy,
you can call them with a dummy cookie or a wrong login. However the
server should report an error when the login or the operation fails.

On the server, you can call all methods but their execution should fail
with an error code when your an not authenticated.

Which code are you using?

> And the
> http://tuxinette.linux-france.org:50000
> seems to be down... or?

Server restarted.

Yours,
d.
--
GPG/PGP key: A3AD7A2A David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A