demo-schools-discuss

RE: [DS-discuss]summer camp??

From: Suraj Kumar
Subject: RE: [DS-discuss]summer camp??
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 19:40:28 +0530

Abhilash_Shanmugham writes:

 > Just joined the list recently .. can I know the dates of the camp .
 > I am generally  free on weekends can take a day  off on the weekday
 > if  needed  but availability  for  a  whole  week is  bordering  on
 > difficult to impossible

Welcome to the list :) all of us are more or less like you. without an
exception  almost  all of  us  are busy  on  weekdays  and without  an
exception  all of  us do  this stuff  part-time.  Infact,  we  dont do
weekdays-work generally, until it  turns out that negotiating with the
school/college for a weekend work  is impossible.  Most of the time we
make sure we conduct demos on  saturdays (and sundays if its okay with
the institute) so that there is a good turnout of volunteers.

Our  main  site is  down,  so you  can  read  about address@hidden  from
http://symonds.net/~suraj/demo-schools. I  think the main  site should
be up in a week or so, after  which I hope it would also bring with it
a strong dose of some sort  of a "jinga"-herb for our list-members and
the activities. ;)

welcome once again!

  -Suraj
--
| Knows not any virtue, vices have no dearth, loses                |