demo-schools-discuss

[DS-discuss]Logos

From: Vytautas \\\"Vytzka\\\" Juodis
Subject: [DS-discuss]Logos
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 03:36:54 -0700 (PDT)

 Hello, gentlemen,
> > definitely!  it  would rather  be nice if  you
> find  some mythological
> > character  that  does not  frighten  children
> away!   ;) My  personal
> > suggestion would be some sort of a bull-like /
> gnu-like character that
> > symbolises the  Free Software Movement and also
> shows some connection
> > between education / learning related stuff and
> freedom of computing
 Ah, I usually like frightening mascots more, but if
we show it to children, then let it be.

> Guys I have a friend of mine named Gokul who has
> great knack of doing
> animations and yeah is a fan GNU/linux.
 Well, I guess Gokul is better artist than me then :).
(You'll understand what I mean when we compare).

 A question to Rahul Sundaram - who on earth is Swan?
I'm sorry I've never heard about it.

 A note about T-Shirts. Maybe it would be possible to
make football-like one, I mean of two colors (say,
green and orange? - I'm really sorry, but how's
officially called that orange-like color in your flag?
I'm not from India, you see), numbers and *our* names
on backs? It drives me crazy to imagine, that some
folk at some contest may be awarded with T-Shirt with
number 11 and name 'Vytzka' :P. Actually I don't know,
wheather we'll be making all the same T-Shirts, or few
distinct types, so maybe it's a nonsense what I've
said.

 Another offer for logo - maybe a viking in battle
armor, with horned helmet (= a bull???) and two headed
axe (for hacking ;)). Or maybe even better - maybe a
kid viking? With a huge (for him) helmet and just
lifting an axe? You choose.

=====
With regards, Vytautas "Vytzka" Juodis