demo-schools-discuss

Re: [DS-discuss] 'thinking in' series

From: Suraj Kumar
Subject: Re: [DS-discuss] 'thinking in' series
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 09:15:01 +0530

Raj Shekhar writes:

 > If you  are looking for a  book licensed under FDL  I would suggest
 > that you look  at "How to Think Like  a Computer Scientist Learning
 > with Python". The book is not about C++/Java but in Python. However
 > it  is really good.  I have  rad the  book and  it covers  not only
 > aspects of  programming but about  Data Structures as  well.You can
 > get it from <http://www.thinkpython.com>.

I    thought    the   original    one    of    this    book   is    at
http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/    there    are    also   other    ThinkCS
series... C++, Java included :)

 > if you  are still interested in  writing a book  on C++/Java please
 > let me know. I would like to join too.

just before beginning   to write our own book, I  think  its better if
we   use  something   else  that   is  free   and   available  already
somewhere.  For instance  ThinkCsC++ and  'thinking in  C++'  could be
merged and we can do some stuff with it.

  -Suraj

--
| Virtuous husbands of lovely grace overcome sulking               |