demo-schools-discuss

[DS-discuss]Re: msql

From: Suraj Kumar
Subject: [DS-discuss]Re: msql
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 00:41:36 -0500

Rahul Sundaram wrote on Thu, May 29, 2003 at 06:03:58AM +0100:
,----

| i  believe i  can  procure a  copy of  gpl  licensed msql  and use  it
| everywhere. how is msql going to restrict if i had a gpl license?
`----

the license file in msql (quoted on their website) says:

    You can use this software free of charge if you are an educational
    institution (excluding commercial training organisations),
    non-commercial research organisation, registered charity,
    registered not-for-profit organisation, or full-time student.

so this is like saying, if  (you are non-commercial) { use GPL; } else
{ use msql-license; }

,----
| if  dual license  clashes  are there  why  isnt the  big heads  making
| noises?
`----

I'm not very sure about this. Maybe we should ask someone.

  -Suraj

--
| When the eve spreads paleness to bewilder the mind,                  |