demo-schools-discuss

[DS-discuss] Re: debian and rms

From: Ramanan Selvaratnam
Subject: [DS-discuss] Re: debian and rms
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 00:43:28 +0100

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

[...]

googling on ofb rms interview returned this

http://www.ofb.biz/article.php?sid=260

Did you notice this update/footnote

'RMS provided us with this update on GNU/LinEx: /The developers told me that GNU/LinEx included only free software, but after this interview was published various people have checked it and found non-free programs in it. I therefore cannot recommend GNU/LinEx at present. I hope that this problem will be corrected./'

debian aims to create a free software distribution and

(..in the meantime as RMS complains) actively distributes/promotes non-free software too.

doesnt need to have far reaching aims like rms. dont
compare a distribution to a visionary.

Feel a bit sorry for the visionary who is still waiting for the day the complete free (and stable) system with an attitude against non free software arrives?

Best regards,

Ramanan