demo-schools-discuss

Re: [DS-discuss] Re: debian and rms

From: Raman.P
Subject: Re: [DS-discuss] Re: debian and rms
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 05:16:13 +0100 (BST)

This whole demo-schools project is turning to be
totally useless and yet another fs vs oss kind of
list.
I didn't see a single effort being made to contact
schools/colleges and seek permission but too many dry
philosophy being talked about. I think there are
hundreds of other lists available where this kind of
discussion can be carried.

Be practical, try to arrange for talk/demo/seminar and
motivate children/students in real life and not in
cyberworld.

We better close this project if we can't do to
atleaset one demo a month. Let us not think about
whole world, be confined to our neighbourhood
children, and do some real contribution to software
freedom.

Raman.P
--- Ramanan Selvaratnam <address@hidden> wrote: >
Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> >hi
> >

> >>'RMS provided us with this update on GNU/LinEx:
> /The
> >>developers told me
> >>that GNU/LinEx included only free software, but
> >>after this interview was
> >>published various people have checked it and found
> >>non-free programs in
> >>it. I therefore cannot recommend GNU/LinEx at
> >>present. I hope that this
> >>problem will be corrected./'
> >>

> >the footnote make
s it even worse. now there is not