demo-schools-discuss

[DS-discuss] Teacher Plus... free software

From: Frederick Noronha (FN)
Subject: [DS-discuss] Teacher Plus... free software
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 14:10:49 +0530 (IST)

TEACHER PLUS (address@hidden) of July-August 2003 carries an
article titled 'Freeing computers in schools'. It says:

        Computers are used in many schools these days, as a
        teaching/training tool as well as for administration
        purposes. Most schools, however use, expensive
        software that not only takes away a huge chunk of the
        school budget, but also limits the number of
        teaching/learning tools that can be used in school.
        This article discusses Free Software and why
        Free Software makes sense in education....

A cartoon on the front-page has a hand-raising student ask the teacher:
"Now that we have free software, can we also have free periods?"

*Teacher Plus* is  published by Orient Longman Pvt Limited, 3-6-752
Himayatnagar, Hyderabad, 500029 and is edited by Girish S Mondkar. It is
compiled by Spark-India, 3-5-820 Hyderguda, Hyderabad, India 500029. More
details from address@hidden

FN
Frederick Noronha (FN)        | http://www.fredericknoronha.net
Freelance Journalist          | http://www.bytesforall.org
http://goalinks.pitas.com     | http://joingoanet.shorturl.com
http://linuxinindia.pitas.com | http://www.livejournal.com/users/goalinks
T: 0091.832.2409490 or 2409783 M: 0 9822 122436