denemo-devel

Re: [Denemo-devel] denemo feature requests

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] denemo feature requests
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2019 21:37:06 +0100

On Fri, 2019-10-04 at 19:54 +0000, Dirck Nagy wrote:
> Hi Richard
>
> THanks for all your help thus far!
>
> I'm sorry if this is not the right way to submit this,
please use the mailing list - others "listen in" :)
>  but I have a few minor Denemo feature requests I'd like to share
> with you:
> Is there a way to display the Lilypond view with a larger /
> adjustable font size?

By "Lilypond view" do you mean the window showing the LilyPond syntax
generated? That is settable via Edit->Change Preferences-
>Miscellaneous->Default Font Size

if, on the other hand, you mean the typeset score then this is the
command you need:

Command: (Print)Set Overall Score Size
Choose the font size of for the score, and hence how much space it
takes up.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Score ▶ Typesetter ▶ Print Layout
Internal Name: SetFontSize

> would there be a way to display dialog boxes for menu items?
We would need someone to write C code or interface from Scheme to Gtk
:( no manpower :(
>   Denemo is great, but requires a lot of mouse clicks.  For example,
> to add a "pizz." text , I have to go: markings . text/symbol >
> textualannotation > type in "pizz." > select up/down > bold/plain >
> italics/plain.

Instead use

Command: Multi-line Text and Music
Inserts multi-line text object which can include music snippets, Fret
Diagrams and Note Names/Chord Symbols. LilyPond Markup can be used and
a preview button is available to check the syntax.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Directives ▶ Markings ▶ Text/Symbol
Internal Name: MultiLineTextAnnotation

and type in the LilyPond syntax (you can use the buttons in that dialog
to generate the syntax if you don't know it yet).
Once you have a particular style of textual annotation that you use you
can make either a palette button to insert it or make a snippet to
insert it. Then you can easily modify it by right clicking on it and
choosing Edit Text.

>   Or, to add titles to a score, after creating one title, i have to
> keep returning to the Titles menu.
You use the shortcut s,s to get the titles menu?

>   A possible example might be this from Frescobaldi... :
There used to be a "Score Wizard" in Denemo (before my time), nowadays
there is just the custom template feature - you set up a template for
the features that stay the same from one score to the next and then
edit the others.

Richard