denemo-devel

Re: New version denemo-2.5~rc1

From: Anthony Fok
Subject: Re: New version denemo-2.5~rc1
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2021 22:55:29 -0700

Hello Richard and Jeremiah,

> On Mon, Mar 1, 2021, 4:18 AM Richard Shann <richard@rshann.plus.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 2021-02-28 at 06:15 -0700, Anthony Fok wrote:

>> > Hello all,
>> >
>> > So, pardon my ignorance, but is Denemo 2.5.0 actually released yet?
>> > Or is it pending more testing or more translations?
>> >
>> > We at Debian are currently tracking https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/denemo/
>> > for officially Denemo releases.  Is that still the canonical URL to
>> > track?
>>
>> Yes, Jeremiah uploads to there - I haven't heard back from him yet.
>>
>> > Furthermore, there seems to be no Denemo 2.5.0 announcement yet,
>>
>> I do all that once the tarball arrives at ftp.gnu.org
>>
>> > and http://denemo.org/downloads-page/ still refers to both 2.2 and
>> > 2.4.
>> > To someone like me who haven't been following Denemo's development
>> > closely, it is all very confusing.
>> >
>> > Sorry for the rush, but Debian 11's Hard Freeze is imminent[1],
>> > and while I packaged 2.5~rc1 "to get the foot in while I still
>> > could",
>> > it would be great if we could have the official Denemo 2.5.0 release
>> > in Debian 11.
>>
>> yes, that would be good - let's hope it's today.
>>
>> Richard

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 11:02 PM Jeremiah Benham
<jeremiahbenham@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just uploaded them now. It may take time for all the mirrors to have it.
>
> Jeremiah

Thank you Richard and Jeremiah!

denemo 2.5.0-1 has been uploaded to Debian sid (unstable),
and will hopefully migrate to Debian bullseye (testing, upcoming Debian 11)
in 10 days: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/denemo

You might like to add the r2.5.0 or v2.5.0 tag to where the
"stable-2.5.0" branch is at
for consistency with previous releases, though perhaps I am being
pedantic.  <grin>

Thanks again!

Anthony