denemo-devel

[bug #61400] Ambitus not displayed in parts

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [bug #61400] Ambitus not displayed in parts
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 04:31:24 -0400 (EDT)

Update of bug #61400 (project denemo):

Follow-up Comment #1:

Yes, the command Print with Ambitus creates a custom layout with ambitus set
on every staff in every movement (while leaving the default layouts
untouched). So to create a part with ambitus you need to execute the staff
ambitus command mentioned below.

While looking into this I stumbled across a bug:

If I take a new empty score insert c'' and c''' and execute the command:

Command: Print with Ambitus
Prints the score printing the range (ambitus) of each part at the start of the
staff
Location: Main Menu ▶ File ▶ Print
Internal Name: PrintWithAmbitus

Then a custom layout called "Ambitus" is created and typesets the staff with
ambitus showing c'' to c'''

If I start again with a new score, c'' and c''' and execute the command:

Command: (Print) Ambitus (On/Off)
Toggle the ambitus engraver for this staff on or off
Location: Object Menu ▶ Staffs/Voices ▶ Staff Properties
Internal Name: Ambitus

Then typeset the default layout it again typesets with ambitus.
If I re-execute that command (so toggling the ambitus off) and typeset then
the ambitus is gone as expected. However if I then re-execute the first
command (Print with Ambitus) the ambitus is *not* set in the custom layout as
it was when I first executed that command. This is strange as there does not
appear to be any difference in the scores - the difference must lie in cached
values for the score layout. Workaround is to Reload Score before creating the
Ambitus custom layout.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?61400>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/