denemo-devel

Transposing MIDI-in

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Transposing MIDI-in
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 17:06:08 +0100

I recently transcribed a violin sonata in Amin by Corelli and wanted to
check the pitches of the notes against an arrangement from an 18th c,
manuscript which was transposed up a minor third for recorder.

Denemo allows you to play the pitches on your MIDI keyboard and it will
check they are the same in your score. So I wanted to play from the
Dmin score but have the pitches be shifted five semitones lower.

So to facilitate this I've added a widget to the MIDI-in controls that
allows you to shift the pitch of the incoming MIDI notes. (MIDI
controllers may have their own way of doing this, but they are
generally not as easy as clicking on a widget in the MIDI-in Controls).

As usual with this Gtk widget you have to press Enter if you change the
number of semitones by typing.

Let me know of any problems,

Richard