denemo-devel

Re: Incipit

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Incipit
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 10:49:52 +0000

On Sat, 2023-12-16 at 21:25 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Thank you very much for your help. One more question: how can I get
> the
> current indent

There are two indent commands

Command: Indent
Alter the indent of the opening system for the current movement.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Movements ▶ Typesetter ▶ Print Layout
Internal Name: Indent

and

Command: Indent
Indent the first system of every movement by the given amount.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Score ▶ Typesetter ▶ Print Layout
Internal Name: ScoreIndent

The Instrument name command

Command: Instrument Name
Print Instrument name before staff at start of score,
Location: Object Menu ▶ Staffs/Voices ▶ Staff Properties
Internal Name: InstrumentName

runs the second (*) of those Indent commands, so to retrieve the value
set you need
(d-DirectiveGet-score-data "ScoreIndent")
to get that value.
The value set by InstrumentName is just a very crude guess based on the
length of the name, a proper job would require querying LilyPond about
how much space is required ...

Richard
(*) I don't know why this is so, it was a long time ago and perhaps it
would be better to do otherwise...