dev-serveez

Re: [dev-serveez] serveez-config

From: Raimund 'Raimi' Jacob
Subject: Re: [dev-serveez] serveez-config
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 14:58:32 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 8 Sep 2001, stefan wrote:

hi!

> Does anyone else think it is a good idea to provide a configuratio shell
> script (automatically produced by configure) which tells a library user
> (libserveez) about version, cflags and ldflags ?

very good idea.

>  * --help : usage help
>  * --version : version of api
>  * --cflags : tells compiler flags
>  * --ldflags : tells linker flags

some of the *-config scripts on my machine split this into --ldflags and
--libs. --libs is a series of -l* options to be appended to the linker
command line while --ldflags is a series of -L* options. On the other
hand: some of the scripts unify this into --libs. so i dont know
actually. if serveez-config --ldflags contains -l* options it should be
called --libs, i think...
--help should tell what --libs is intended for ("to be appended to...").

> Any comments, headaches, objections or addiotions ? Where should be
> installed ?

should be installed in the same dir as serveez is (i.e. PREFIX/bin).

Bye,
    Raimi

--