dev-serveez

[dev-serveez] Re: serveez

From: stefan
Subject: [dev-serveez] Re: serveez
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 22:10:46 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Raimund 'Raimi' Jacob wrote:

> Brian S McQueen wrote:
>
> hello again!
>
> > UGH!  I see you folks are using the deprecated gh interface!  I guess the
> > first project is to eliminate that.  What do you folks think about that?
>
> i believe there is nothing personal that connects us to the gh
> interface. it's okay for me to change that, but stefan did most of the
> recent development work.
>
> i believe to remember that we needed some gh-features that were not
> (easily) available in other interfaces. so, watch out for booby-traps.

Right.  There are exactly three remaining gh_() functions when
compiled and linked against a Guile 1.6.x version.  These are.

         U gh_scm2chars
         U gh_scm2newstr
         U gh_symbol2newstr

And IIRC these disappear in 1.7.x versions (erm yes, this is CVS).  So
with 1.8 everything gh_ related disappears.

The amount of gh_ occurences in the headers (there is no in any c file) is
due to compatibility stuff -> serveez even works with Guile 1.3

If I am mistaken, please correct me...  don't have too much in mind right
now.

Cheers,
        address@hidden