directory-discuss

Re: Add Rust back to Free Software Directory

From: Craig Topham
Subject: Re: Add Rust back to Free Software Directory
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 16:23:14 -0400

On 8/25/22 14:49, Legimet wrote:
> The Rust trademark is no longer owned by Mozilla. It is owned by the
> Rust Foundation, and the trademark policy can be found here:
> https://foundation.rust-lang.org/policies/logo-policy-and-media-guide/
>
> Given that the trademark policy does not restrict selling unmodified
> copies of Rust, I believe it is time to add Rust back to the directory.

Thank you everyone for your research and feedback. At this time Rust has
been re-approved for the FSD. I understand that the Rust Foundation has
an on-going public feedback process about their trademark policy which
may provide updates by the end of the year, but at this time the policy
is acceptable. When/if it changes after the public feedback process, we
will review it again at that time.

~Craig