Delegation to Investigate Forced Organ Seizure in Communist China

From: leshydonlop
Subject: Delegation to Investigate Forced Organ Seizure in Communist China
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 07:48:52 -0800

Announcing the Australian Delegation to Investigate
Forced Organ Seizure in Communist China

The Australian Delegation is Part of a Global Alliance under the CIPFG1 -the

Coalition to Investigate the Persecution of Falun Gong in China

The Australian team is among four such delegations from the international
community2
committed to follow up the
allegations and evidence presented in the Matas-Kilgour Report of July 20063

The Australian CIPFG has strong support ranging from State and Federal members
and
legislators, community and religious leaders, human rights organizations to
concerned private
citizens, it has over 53 members and is still fast growing.

The primary objective of the CIPFG is to gain entry into China and conduct
inspections and
investigations in an unfettered manner with the aim to stop and/or prevent the
alleged killing of
Falun Gong prisoners of conscience and possibility others.

Press Conference: Date, Time, Venue

Media contacts: ERC, CIPFG

1 The Coalition was first being called for in April 2006, upon allegation of
large numbers of organ seizure from Falun
Gong prisoners of conscience in China.

2 Recently four CIPFG delegations are taking shape, and will be headed by
current or former parliamentarians from
Canada, Europe, Australia, and Hong Kong.

3 Full report available at http://investigation.go.saveinter.net/

Speech

-March 2006, upon hearing the allegations of harvesting vital organs from Falun
Gong practitioners alive in massive scale through the ex-wife of a Chinese
surgeon and other informers, Falun Gong practitioners around the world believed
and feared the allegations to be true. This is because they have been reading
reports from China of imprisonment and torture daily over the last seven years
of
their fellow practitioners. They called for help.

-In April 2006, initiated by Falun Dafa Associations and the Minghui.net
(Clearwisdom.net)4, a Coalition was founded calling for the alliance of the
world’s governments and organizations to joint handedly investigate these
serious
allegations.

-Shortly after, two high profile Canadians, a human right lawyer and a former
crown prosecutor, accepted the Coalition’s invitation to pursuit this matter.
Although their request to visit China was blocked, through inductive reasoning,
with 18 types of evidence carefully analysed, the two gentlemen published the
historical Matas-Kilgour Report in July 2006 which concluded that the
allegations,
which amount to genocide and a new form of evil on this planet, is regretfully
be believed.

-The Matas-Kilgour Report has made 17 practical and constructive
recommendations many of which can and should be implemented even before the
allegations are proven true. “Recommendation 10” -immediately stopping the
persecution and the imprisonment of Falun Gong practitioners -is of key
importance, as it is the most direct and effective way to prevent, if not stop,
the
alleged killing. We are committed not only to the investigation, but also to
see
these constructive recommendations implemented.

4 www.clearwisdom.net a web-site maintained by Falun Dafa practitioners
focusing on reporting news of the movement
worldwide and the persecution in China.

-Since July 2006, increased awareness of the crime has brought stronger and
stronger voice around the world to condemn this persecution of peaceful and
innocent citizens who only aspire to improve themselves by following the
principles of Truth-Benevolence-Forbearance. The world is demanding that the
persecution of Falun Gong practitioners must stop, and it must stop
immediately.

-Meanwhile, the CIPFG has received strong support from many countries in four
continents. It is the Coalition’s plan now that a number of delegations, lead
by
current and former parliamentarians of the world’s free countries, will go into
China to see to it that the preventive measures recommended by the Matas-
Kilgour Report are implemented.

-The overriding bottom line of the mission to save lives by preventing the
killing.

-It is worth mentioning that since the gruesome crime of live organ harvesting
was
exposed through the accounts of the three informers5 in March-April, China
quickly announced plans to bring in new laws, effective 1st July, to regulate
the
organ trade. Some may have invested hope in the regime to clean up its act,
however, the September 27 BBC report “Organ sales 'thriving' in China” 6 served
as a
wake up call. Others more familiar with the history of the regime did not hold
such hope. On the contrary they are deeply concerned that what has been
“cleaned
up” is likely to be the witnesses and evidence.

-We cannot stand by and let the serious crimes depicted by the allegations
continue
unabated.

-The Australian Delegation to China is being formed, and will be joined by
three
other delegations with similar aspirations from Europe, Asia, and North
America.
Tentatively each delegation will inspect hospitals and detention facilities in
number of different cities and provinces.

5 http://www.theepochtimes.com/news/6-3-10/39083.html
  http://www.theepochtimes.com/news/6-3-10/39111.html
  http://www.theepochtimes.com/news/6-3-11/39169.html

6 BBC report http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/5386720.stm

-A request for meetings to discuss arrangement for unfettered access to
detention
facilities and hospitals in China will be sent to the Chinese Embassy. We also
call
on the Australian government to support us in this mission.

-The Delegation will comprise of small teams of 4-8, a minimum of two
investigators plus interpreter and others in each team. The teams will go
together
or in turns depending on the situation, each for around 7-10 days.

-The teams may go to any detention facilities and hospitals listed as starting
points
for our investigation in the three provinces that the Australia team covers.
But the
team may also go to other cities or provinces when the need arises.

-The Delegation will also seek to visit renowned Chinese human rights Lawyer
Gao Zhi Sheng who is an investigator of the CIPFG. Lawyer Gao was arrested
on 15th August, thereafter his whereabouts unknown. Amnesty International, the

U.S. Congress and the European Parliament have called for the release of Lawyer
Gao.

-We are confident that we will achieve the requested access because assisting
independent investigation is in the best interests of the Chinese government.
It is
also in their best interests that the persecution of Falun Gong ends
immediately.
When all Falun Gong prisoners of conscience are released from detention, the
facilities can be open for inspections without worry.

-We also call on the Chinese government to prosecute those responsible for
instigating and starting the persecution -Jiang Ze min, Luo Gan, Liu Jing and
Zhou Yong kang.
Q&A

Who are the investigators in CIPFG?

CIPFG currently has over 53 members. For privacy and security reasons, they
will not be
named before the delegation has successfully gained entry to China. What we can
say is
that they range from legislators, legal and medical professionals, academics,
social
workers to religious and community leaders.

Are these 50 investigators all going to China?

No, some will just be providing supports in Australia. Some would go but need
to resolve
availability or funding issues, but we have sufficient number of investigators
who are
ready to go when unfettered access is organized to detention facilities and
hospitals.

How to ensure this will be an independent investigation?

For the investigators, they are reputable Australians citizens and
organizations who are
neither the victim nor the accused, they are third party.
As for the targets of investigation, the details of people and places the team
will visit will
not be disclosed before hand so that the regime could not “clear it out” in
preparation,
like taking the SARS patients into ambulance and circle around the city when
the WHO
representatives were inspecting the hospitals during the epidemics.

Who will pay for the travel, accommodation, etc?

Each private member will be self-funding, which may involve fund raising
efforts for
some investigators.

Who is responsible for the teams’ safety?

Please read the mission statement and rational of the investigation provided,
and our
requests to the Chinese government.
When the Chinese authority agrees under international pressure to implement the
recommendations in the Matas-Kilgour Report and agrees to be open to
independent
investigation, security and safety concerns for the delegation should have been
resolved.
We are also concerned for the safety of those we meet and interview during the
course of

our investigation. The true safety for all concerned can only be guaranteed if
the
persecution of Falun Gong ends immediately, and that is what we are pressing
for.

What are you going to investigate?

One of the first initiator of the Coalition is Minghui.net (Clearwisdom.net), a
web site
that has been Chinese Falun Gong practitioners’ main contact point to the
outside world.
Over the last seven years since the crackdown begun, the web site has received
countless
reports of persecution from inside China, many are first hand account by the
victims of
the persecution. Leads for investigation will be compiled from these reports. A
list of
labour camps and hospitals that the Australian delegation will target has
already been
compiled from this web site and copies are available.

What do you think can be achieved by this mission? Will you find any evidence?

There were 17 recommendations made in the Matas-Kilgour Report of July 2006,
majority of which can be implemented without first finding direct proof of the
allegation.
The mission will achieve a lot in putting some of these recommendations into
action and
pressing for the other recommendations be put into action. By so doing it is
believed that
we will prevent (if not stop) the alleged killing of prisoners of conscience
for their organs.