[Discuss-gnuradio] names to use for ubuntu package manager to get instal

From: geraldfenkell
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] names to use for ubuntu package manager to get install GNURadio
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 06:44:04 -0700

2019-06-11

I have successfully installed GNURadio on my Windows 10 machine and also have a live usb thumb drive for two
versions of ubuntu (18.04.2 and 19.04).  I now wish to use the package manager for these ubuntu systems to apt get install
GNURadio and companion.  I do not know the names to use for the package nor how to find them out.

Help would be appreciated.

Please note that after I do that, I want to install (from his git repository) the Michael Ossmann add on
for GNURadio to use HackRF One with GNURadio to follow his course.  I have not had any success with
getting a working version of Pentoo Linux to a Live USB Drive and/or getting Live SDR of GNURadio (which
does contain the necessary blocks) but says in its wikipedea that it is "retired". i.e. not available. I presume
that I will run into some problems  with dependencies (but will gain experience) when I try to "compile" the
material from his Git repository.

Thank you