Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Examine data stream

From: Kyeong Su Shin
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Examine data stream
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 06:30:33 +0000

Hello Barry:

I am not sure how you would like to examine the data stream, but what I would first try is adding a 'File Sink' at the end of the flow graph to dump the stream into a file. If the input format of the data (to the File Sink block) is in 'Bytes', then you can simply use xxd (or your favorite hex editor) to read the file. If it is in 'Float' or  in 'Complex", you can use Matlab, Octave, or Python to convert it into a readable format (see: https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/FAQ#What_is_the_file_format_of_a_file_sink.3F_How_can_I_read_files_produced_by_a_file_sink.3F ).

If that does not work for you or sounds too tedious, then I would like to hear further explanations on how you would like to examine the data stream. Some debug tools and blocks can come in handy as well. You can write your own simple blocks for debugging purposes too (I often write simple Python blocks for testing purposes).

Regards,

Kyeong Su Shin

보낸 사람: address@hidden <address@hidden> 대신 Discuss-gnuradio <discuss-gnuradio-bounces+ksshin=address@hidden>
보낸 날짜: 2019년 6월 12일 수요일 오후 11:59:19
받는 사람: address@hidden
제목: [Discuss-gnuradio] Examine data stream

I would like to examine a stream of bytes coming from a demodulator and
slicer as shown in the attached flow graph. It should be a series of 1's
and 0's with 11 samples per Baudot symbol. Looking at the Time Sink, it
seems to be working.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Barry Duggan KV4FV