Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [EXT] Re: Python3 or still Python 2.7?

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [EXT] Re: Python3 or still Python 2.7?
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 08:05:45 +0000

Hi Marc,

haven't tried that myself, but generally, CMake should be able to
generate a MSVC19 project for the GNU Radio source code.
The whole point of what Geof does is that he actually *does* a build,
contributes a lot of fixes and improvements back, and to do that,
assembles and if necessary builds the GNU Radio dependencies with a
matching compiler.

So, I'd really encourage you to try building GNU Radio yourself; Geof's
pages list all the dependencies that were built to do that, but you
should probably start with a much reduced subset. From the top of my
head Python, Numpy, Boost, SWIGwin, cppunit should probably be enough
to make the gnuradio-runtime core component build. Please do report
back on how well that goes! I don't know about Geof, but obviously, I'm
happy about every data point about buildability.

As a matter of fact, you can download Geof's build scripts – so maybe
that's the easiest route for you to get a GNU Radio  build from your
favourite version of MSVC.

Best regards,
Marcus