Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Combining blocks

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Combining blocks
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 12:00:49 +0000

Hi Tom,

that's **exactly** what hierarchical blocks are for.

Make a new flow graph. Set the flow graph type to "Hier Block" (instead
of "Qt Gui") in the "Options" block, and __give it a good "Dd" and
"Title"__. You should probably also define a descriptive "Category
Name", e.g. "[Resamplers]" if your block is a resampler.

Add "Pad Sink"s / "Source"s for the out- and inputs of that flow graph.
Use "Parameter" blocks to define variables that get an entry field in
the block properties.

When done, hit the "generate" button. You can then use it in your main
flow graph like any other block.

Best regards,
Marcus