[Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio Windows Errors with OsmoSDR

From: W3AXL Patrick
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio Windows Errors with OsmoSDR
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 20:50:11 -0500

Hi all on the list,

I’ve been tearing my hair out trying to solve an issue I’m having with a clean install of GNURadio using the Windows builds.

When trying to run a simple flowgraph, with an RTL-SDR source connected to a frequency sink, I receive the following traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "C:\Users\Patrick\Documents\top_block.py", line 29, in <module>

    import osmosdr

  File "C:\Program Files\GNURadio-3.7\lib\site-packages\osmosdr\__init__.py", line 26, in <module>

    from osmosdr_swig import *

  File "C:\Program Files\GNURadio-3.7\lib\site-packages\osmosdr\osmosdr_swig.py", line 17, in <module>

    _osmosdr_swig = swig_import_helper()

  File "C:\Program Files\GNURadio-3.7\lib\site-packages\osmosdr\osmosdr_swig.py", line 16, in swig_import_helper

    return importlib.import_module('_osmosdr_swig')

  File "C:\Program Files\GNURadio-3.7\gr-python27\lib\importlib\__init__.py", line 37, in import_module

    __import__(name)

ImportError: No module named _osmosdr_swig

I think this is a problem with my PATH, or with the installation of GNURadio, but I can’t figure out how to fix it. There is almost no info on anyone else having errors like this with GRC so I’m stumped.

Additionally, on this clean install of GNURadio, I receive over a hundred of errors similar to this one during startup of GRC:

Warning: Block with key "xxx" already exists.

        Ignoring: C:\Program Files\GNURadio-3.7\share\gnuradio\grc\blocks\xxx.xml

I feel as if these two issues might be related in some way.

I would appreciate any help. My system is running Win10 and I have the latest Python 2.7 installed.

Thanks to all,

Patrick