Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Request for Wiki update.

From: Barry Duggan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Request for Wiki update.
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 15:08:20 -0400

Hi Hans, Marcus, and others,

I totally agree with Hans: "Because I never succeed with pyBOMBS and the distro packages are outdated." I have tried using PyBOMBS on my Mac and on my Raspberry Pi 3B+, and neither one worked. As far as distro packages, they are all way behind.

Attached is a detailed procedure for installing 3.8 on a Raspberry Pi. Basically it should work for any Linux system. I welcome suggestions for corrections and/or improvement.

As far as 3.8 vs. 3.9, what I have found is that all of the software is 3.8 on the maint-3.8 branch except for Gnu Radio Companion which is 3.9. So when I install an OOT module, I have to change the CMakeLists.txt to look for 3.9 instead of 3.8.

Sylvain: What's so obvious about 'ldconfig'? I've used Unix/Linux for well over 20 years, and had never even heard about it until Kyeong su Shin told me recently. It all depends on one's previous experience.

Glen: Nice project!

So, bottom line -- what can *I* do to help with the documentation? I haven't worked on a Wiki before, but am willing to learn. I do know the basics of Markdown. Is there any sort of review or approval process?

Nate: Should I contact Marc Lichtman and Cyrille Morin on this?

Respectfully,
Barry Duggan KV4FV

see previous items in this thread here:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2019-10/msg00074.html