[Discuss-gnuradio] Burst mode in RFNoC

From: Jiaxin Liang
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Burst mode in RFNoC
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 14:22:58 +0800

Hi all,

Recently, I was trying to build a point-to-point OFDM system on top of RFNoC, and I would like to make use of the burst mode for critical timing control. But it seems that RFNoC (the branch rfnoc-devel) does not support the burst mode (using SOB, EOB, etc) well. The hardware does not send the packets by following the timestamp I provided.

When I change the RFNoC back to legacy API (using usrp.sink() / usrp.source()), the burst mode comes back, and the timing looks perfect.

The conversion between RFNoC Radio and legacy API simply follows this figure,
image.png

Can anyone give me advice about how I could enable the burst mode in RFNoC?

Best regards,
Jonathan