Re: named fifo (byte - byte transfer)

From: CEL
Subject: Re: named fifo (byte - byte transfer)
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 14:02:09 +0000

Hi,

we've covered pretty much exactly your three questions in a mailing
list thread earlier this month. Let me link to the archive:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2019-10/index.html

It's the mails with subject "fifo / file source".

In essence, "cat" is buffered, and so you need to use a different
program that makes sure the fstream it outputs is unbuffered. GNU Radio
has no influence on the buffering your writing process does.

Best regards,
Marcus