Integrate block functionality

From: Joe K
Subject: Integrate block functionality
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 07:39:55 -0800

Hi all,

Maybe this is a dumb question, but I didn't find any discussion on the web or in the mailing list archives.  The integrate block (e.g., blocks.integrate_ff) doesn't seem to operate as I'd expect.

What I'm looking for is a block that integrates from time 0 with no decimation.  So, an input stream of [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] would output [1, 3, 6, 10, 15], etc.  A constant input K would generate a ramp with slope K.  That's what I thought the integrate_ff block, with decimation=1, would do, but it does not.

The integrate_x blocks seem to only integrate over the previous N samples, where N = decimation.  Therefore, with decimation=1, the integrate_x blocks simply relay the input to the output.  If so... what is the point of that?

Is there any block that accomplishes a true integration as described above?  It would be a quick block to implement in an OOT module but it seems like this is a basic function.  Also, is the operation of the integrate_x blocks intended to be how it is?  If so, it seems misnamed.

Thanks,
Joe