Re: aliasing with X310 BasicRX (higher order Nyquist zone) ?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: aliasing with X310 BasicRX (higher order Nyquist zone) ?
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 15:29:18 +0000

Indeed second Nyquist zone before decimation.
My thought was
143.05 MHz -> transpose by 100 MHz using the DDC (NCO at 100 MHz considering
the
200 MHz sampling rate) to reach 43.05, and after transposition, decimating to
reach
8 MS/s (I do have Epcos B3607 SAW filters 140+/-3 MHz frontend to select only
the
signal I am interested in).
It is in the decimation process that I was thinking of being in the third
Nyquist zone after decimation, which is incorrect because 8 MS/s is -4 to +4,
so that
43.05 is in the 6th Nyquist zone after decimation (\in[36:44] MHz).

Thanks, JM

--
JM Friedt, FEMTO-ST Time & Frequency/SENSeOR, 26 rue de l'Epitaphe,
25000 Besancon, France