Creating and installing a new Python module

From: Elmore's
Subject: Creating and installing a new Python module
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 15:18:29 -0400

I am trying to create a new Python module. I am looking at various pieces of documentation including guided Tutorial GNU Radio in Python and OutOfTreeModules.

When I get to the step of installing the block, the following is shown as the tasks to perform while in the build directory;

cmake ../
make

When I type cmake ../ it appears that the compilation process is occurring. I get an error and when I look at the log file, I see references to C++ as if it is performing a C++ compilation even though this is a Python block. Also the error occurs due to Boost(?) missing. What is going on here?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jim